A great looking resume, free of typos, put together by even a professional resume writer isn’t going to get you interviews because, 1) the resume is processed by the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) before the recruiter ever sees it, 2) most job descriptions don’t contain the specific needs of the hiring manager, that you’ll still need to address, and 3) without a carefully crafted value proposition, your resume is probably not going to position you as the best candidate.
In this course, we’ll walk you through how to get through the ATS, the Recruiter, and the Hiring Manager. We will discuss:
- How to get a 9.7+/10.0 score through the ATS’s filtering software
- Research-based resume design techniques that captures the attention of the recruiter
- How to position yourself as the best candidate by developing a unique differentiating value proposition
- Effective ways of writing your bullets to help you tell a story and help sell your qualifications
- LinkedIn profile optimization techniques to make you more discoverable to recruiters and hiring managers
Typical attendees are mid-career professionals-in-transition, executives and self-employed entrepreneurs attracted to cutting edge job search strategies that actually produce results. Professions are in a wide range such as law and accounting, finance, science, health care, information technology, software engineering, manufacturing, sales and marketing, technical writing, operations, and project management.
Meet Paul Anderson
Nationally recognized speaker on career transformation and also the TV Co-Host of the weekly show “How to Get a Job in Seattle,” aired on Comcast. Paul has formally written career columns for The Seattle Times’ NWjobs, ABC’s KOMO 4 News, and CW’s The Daily Buzz. Anderson has been featured by The Wall Street Journal, US News & World Report, Business Week, USA Today, The Seattle Times, and seen on the ABC, FOX, and NBC networks.
Upcoming Dates & Locations
Please contact us at Info for dates.